Friday 5 April 2013

What a month march was !

I'm back after a month in hospital, Yes a said a month a full 28 days , which feels like a lifetime. I feel like I've missed out on so much.

 I missed mothers day and G couldn't see me because I had food poisoning - which was from a hospital cooked meal - and what made it even worse I was 80 miles away from home in Birmingham.

I was in Birmingham Queen Elizabeth for two long weeks and then I had a transfer up to north staffs university hospital. You would think as both hospitals are new (well new as in finished within the past two years ) that they would have the same standards. BUT boy what a difference 50 miles makes.

In the QE you would have a care chart with an hourly tick box - and they would come every hour to make sure you had a jug of water and a cup, to make sure you  had a cuppa within the past hour (the tea and coffee was service was amazing), making sure that you weren't in any pain - just amazing care standards!

In North Staffs it was a different story - when I arrived I had to wait 5 hours for a jug of water and a cup, even then I had to ask. A cuppa tea was few and far between and as for asking if I was in pain once a day.
Now I know I'm a youngish woman with all my faculties in tact but can you imagine if I was old and had dementia. Well I know which hospital I would rather be in !

Not that I'm having a go at said hospital but in this day an age after the scandal over care at Stafford hospital there should be the same standard of care no matter where you are.   


No comments:

Post a Comment